Romanian Government Scholarships 2022/2023: Are you interested in studying in Romania on full scholarship? As a foreign student from anywhere around the globe (except EU member countries) you can now apply for the Government of Romania scholarships for foreign citizens. The scholarships are fully funded study opportunities for outstanding students.
Scholarships offered by the Romanian state through the MFA
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
Scholarships offered by the Romanian State to foreign citizens through the MFA.
The scholarship program offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on H.G. 288/1993. The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. See the methodology, calendar and list of universities enrolled in the program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Romania.
Scholarships to be taken at: Selected institutions in Romania.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Not Stated.
Study Level: Bachelor, Masters and PhD levels
Nationality: International Students (non -EEA/EU).
Eligibility Criteria | Romanian Government Scholarships
The Romanian Government Scholarships are open to citizens from non-EU countries. To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last
graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
The following exceptions of persons are not eligible under the Romanian Government Scholarships Programme:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes) ;
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
The Romanian Government Scholarships obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of:
- financing tuition fees;
- financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education and Research, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in lei of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate students; the equivalent in lei of the amount of 75 EURO, for master and specialization students, the equivalent in lei of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
Recommended: Intern – Research and Campaigns at Amnesty International Nigeria
How to Apply Romanian Government Scholarships 2022/2023 For Foreign Citizens.
Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian language are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture. However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school. A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian language. The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
The application files must be sent by the candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), only through the diplomatic missions of Romania. Please refer here for detailed eligibility and application instructions
As an exception, application files may be submitted by candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), also through the diplomatic mission of the state of citizenship accredited in Bucharest, if the diplomatic mission in question accepts it (a dedicated email address will be made available to foreign missions accredited in Romania for this purpose).
The Romanian Government Scholarships application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro, via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly at https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro.
Applications can be submitted between 20 December 2021 and 15 March 2022, with the selection results being announced on 15 July 2022. Upon selection, additional formalities, such as obtaining a visa, will be required.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2022