MIPLC-DAAD Scholarship for Development Courses 2022: The MIPLC program is part of the DAAD’s scholarship program 2022 for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses”.
The scholarship offered in this context is subject to several special conditions.
- Application deadline: October 15, 2022
What the MIPLC-DAAD Scholarship covers?
Scholarship recipients will receive
- MIPLC fee waiver in full
- A stipend of EUR 850 per month
- Germany’s contributions to health, accident, and liability insurance
- Unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source, a travel allowance is required
- Allowance for study and research
- Students must complete a two-month German course before starting the MIPLC LL.M. (August and September in Munich or another German city).
A full fee waiver is included in the DAAD scholarship, so you must also apply for MIPLC financial assistance (cf. section 2a).
You can also refer to the brochure for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” for more information. Whenever MIPLC and DAAD requirements differ, the stricter one applies. In addition to MIPLC’s admission requirements (cf. section 1), you must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for the DAAD scholarship:
- You are from a developing country (according to the OECD DAC list) and have not lived outside of your home country (or another developing country) for more than two years.
- With above-average grades, you hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree).
- Your latest degree was earned no more than six years before you applied.
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country. To To fulfill this requirement, you must have completed the two years by February of the year in which you intend to start your studies at MIPLC. The core target group of this program is not university staff and academics. They are therefore considered only in exceptional circumstances.
Deadlines for Special Applications
For the following academic year, you must apply more than a year in advance, between June 1 and October 15.
Procedures for applying and selecting
Details can be found in the Application Instructions.
A rolling admissions process will be followed for complete applications. A shortlist of candidates will be assembled from all admitted applicants, and those candidates will be invited for a video conference interview in January or February. In early March, the DAAD will take the final decision based on the results of the MIPLC interviews.
Deadlines and application periods
The LL.M. program starts every year in early October.
For the following academic year, applications are accepted from December 1 to April 30.